Mervyn S. Lazarus has for over twenty-five years obtained great results for his clients in civil rights lawsuits, one case at a time.
Mervyn litigates in both Federal and State Courts on behalf of persons whose Constitutional Rights were violated by law enforcement officers.
Based upon Mervyn's experience:
He understands that Police Misconduct takes many forms, often resulting in severe injury or death to an unfortunate victim, and lifelong trauma to their families. This includes both police officers and deputy sheriffs using excessive force, lethal and non-lethal, engaging in shootings against policy, the wrongful use of tasers and police dogs resulting in maulings, wrongful arrests, misconduct by prison guards, and their medical neglect of inmates.
He understands the emotional difficulty victims and their families experience in having to relive and recount the graphic facts of their encounter with law enforcement officers and resultant injuries.
He respects the courage it takes for victims and their families to hold those law enforcement officers accountable who violate their oaths “to protect and serve.”
He understands the complexity of civil rights cases, and that accountability must include just compensation for the victims, and where necessary for their families.
He will treat you with the sensitivity and respect you deserve.
He will review the facts of your case expeditiously and for free.
Contact us today for a no-obligation case evaluation.
- Witwatersrand University, S. A.
- Bachelor of Law, 1973
- California State Bar No. 140492
- State Bar of California, June 1989
- U.S. District Court-California Central District, October 1989
- U.S. District Court-California Southern District, September 2011
- U.S. Court of Appeals-Ninth Circuit, October 2013
- Orange County Bar Association
- Riverside County Bar Association
- San Bernardino County Bar Association
- National Police Accountability Project